It seems an common cold, however, does not pass. Indeed, they also accumulate a bad headache, and even the upper gums they are in pain.
It can be sinusitis, Or a paranasal airway infection, in the area of the temples and the upper dental arch. It hurts.
Talk to your doctor to get a correct diagnosis and maybe in the meantime, try eat the right foods to reduce sinus symptoms.
Sinusitis: what to eat to reduce symptoms
It may even happen that the sinusitis is so strong that prevent us from feeling tastes and smells; the urge to eat may also decrease.
In any case, try light foods, that make you feel better. Here are the main ones:
- Liquid, soupy, hot foods, such as vegetable and legume soups;
- Vegetable proteins, in order not to burden the body: legumes in all varieties (chickpeas, broad beans, lupins, beans, peas ...), better if combined with whole grains. Pasta and beans, for example, or rice with peas;
- Use the spices, to help eliminate mucus: green light for the strong flavors of paprika, garlic (which is also an excellent antibacterial), onion and horseradish; wasabi, for those who love oriental flavors;
- Maintain good hydration: drink often, preferably hot and unsweetened liquids;
- Eat there vitamin C: it is found in abundance especially in rocket, peppers, citrus fruits, always fresh and raw;
- Do the full of vitamins and minerals consuming raw vegetables of all colors: each color brings different healthy substances.
Chronic sinusitis? Here are the causes and remedies
Sinusitis: What not to eat to reduce symptoms
Here's what not to drink:
- Don't drink aalcohol or caffeinated beverages (coffee, tea, cola): increase the dehydration and consequently the nasal dryness typical of sinusitis;
- Avoid foods that stimulate the production of mucus: no milk and derivatives, no white flours or refined sugars;
- Avoid i very complex dishes that require too much energy in digestion (you need energy to heal!): no to fried food, to excess fat.
Knowing about sinusitis: the most common symptoms
You have sinusitis if one or more of these symptoms have been present for more than ten days:
- Pain in the face, especially if you put pressure on it
- Stuffed nose
- Nasal secretions dense and greenish-yellow in color
- Bad breath
- Pain in the dental arches superior
- Fever, around 37 degrees
Essential oils for sinusitis: here are what they are and how to use them
To learn more:
> Mucus-free diet: how it works, benefits, contraindications
> Sinusitis treated with phytotherapy
> Sinusitis, natural first aid
> Sinusitis, 5 TOP remedies