We all want to look good, right? For most of us, six-pack abs are at the top of the list of most sought after physical characteristics. Ask Jordan Morello. As a personal trainer and online fitness instructor, with over 10 years of experience, he knows all about it.
But the secret to those six pack abs goes far beyond churning out endless amounts of sit-ups every single day. Sculpting, even a little more definition around the midsection takes dedication. And not just in the gym. Yet the answer may be closer to home than you think ...
The abs are done in the kitchen
We've all heard the saying, but what does it actually mean? Well, the truth is, everyone has abs. Yes to all. But even if you have strong abs, a layer of body fat will keep them hidden. Jordan is well aware of the importance of diet and nutrition and cannot stress enough how vital it is to eat right.
"Some people think you can train with bad nutrition, but that will NEVER happen!"
He undoubtedly says that the most significant mistake people make is diet. You can work out anything you want, but if your diet isn't right, you won't see the desired results.
"If you want to get more defined abs or even a flatter stomach, you need to make sure you eat with a healthy calorie deficit!"
It says that if you're desperate for those abs or just want a more toned stomach, the principles are exactly the same. You need to approach your diet with the same discipline as your workouts. And, if you are one of the 237 k Jordan follower on Instagram, you will know he practices what he preaches.
Workouts at home
Scrolling through this Jordan Instagram feed, one thing you will notice is that he likes his workouts at home. We've all seen that working out at home has grown in popularity, with a new era of digital fitness on the horizon.
“I love home workouts because it's a way to stay active, fit and healthy without leaving home! Anyone can do it! "
Now, we're not telling you to unsubscribe from the gym - far from it! Compound moves like squats and deadlifts will help strengthen your core, along with the rest of your body. That said, there is also room for more isolated work, especially if you have your eyes on how to reach that more defined part.
I work abs maybe 1-2 times a week
Your abs are like any other muscle. So, spending hours every day performing countless crunches is somewhat useless. So, it's time to try some abdominal exercises at Jordan's house.
Quick & Light Ab circuit by Jordan Morello
This fast and effective circuit combines abdominal exercises at home that will really burn your abs. Try four sets with 20 reps of each move. Good luck!
How to do the exercises
- Lie on the floor with your arms close to your body, legs straight and feet slightly raised.
- Keeping your back straight, sit in a controlled motion, bringing your lower back off the mat and your knees into your chest.
- Lie on your back with your knees slightly bent. Keep your feet on the floor and lightly touch your temples with your hands.
- Raise your torso and bend to the right until your left elbow touches your right knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
Toe Touch Crunch
- Lie on your back and stretch your arms above your head, pointing your legs towards the ceiling.
- Swing your arms towards the ceiling, lifting your head and shoulders off the ground and touching your toes.
- Lift your pelvis slightly off the ground, so that your toes move towards your toes.
- Start lying on the ground, with your lower back pressed to the floor and your head and shoulders raised slightly above it.
- Place your hands lightly on the sides of your head, lift one leg off the ground and extend it.
- Lift the opposite leg and bend the knee towards the chest. As you do this, rotate your core so that the opposite arm comes towards the raised knee.
- Lower your leg and arm at the same time as you lift the two opposite limbs to mirror the movement.
- Lie on your back with your arms straight above your head.
- Lift your left leg and right arm at the same time, reaching your whole body and touching your toes.
- Bring your right arm and left leg back and repeat with opposite sides.
Many people neglect the power of home workouts with many exercises requiring little or no equipment. If your ultimate goal is to have a sculpted physique then you will need more than the right home abdominal exercises.
If you want to see your abs, start in the kitchen. By reducing body fat you will reveal the definition below and can then focus on specific workouts to sculpt that well-defined torso.
Our articles are to be used for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to be taken as medical advice. If you are concerned, consult a health professional before taking dietary supplements or making major changes in your diet.