Il nut butter homemade is one of the many alternatives that we can self-produce to replace cow butter in our recipes or simply to give an extra touch of flavor to our dishes. It is one of the recipes with nuts that we can easily prepare.
For example, you can mix risottos with nut butter, but you can also prepare delicious biscuits, just like with hazelnut butter and almond butter. Peanut butter, on the other hand, is more suitable simply to spread on bread or as an addition to sauces to dress salads and vegetables.
Here are the ingredients and all the instructions for make nut butter at home.
400 gr of shelled walnuts
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1 tablespoon of water (if needed)
1 pinch of salt
Water for soaking
1) Pay the shelled walnuts in a large bowl, cover them with water and leave them to soak for 12 hours. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel.
2) At the end of the soaking, drain the walnuts, dry them with a kitchen towel and place them in a baking tray covered with baking paper.
3) Bake them at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes and mix them at least once in the meantime. When they become golden, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely. Check the walnuts from time to time and be careful not to burn them, they must not turn black.
4) Pour the walnuts into the mixer or in one kitchen robot. Operate the appliance until you get a walnut flour and then continue to blend. The nuts will release their natural oils and a cream will gradually form.
Read also: HAZELNUT BUTTER: THE RECIPE TO PREPARE IT AT HOME
5) With a powerful blender or food processor it only takes a few minutes to get nut butter. With a common blender it might take a little more patience. If necessary, in this case, add 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to obtain a mixture with a more homogeneous consistency.
Read also: ALMOND BUTTER: THE RECIPE TO PREPARE IT AT HOME
6) For a savory version add 1 pinch of salt. For a sweet version you can add a pinch of cinnamon or 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.
7) Pour the nut butter into a sterilized glass jar or airtight food container. Homemade nut butter it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.