Excess of magnesium: symptoms, causes, nutrition

Who I am
Joe Dispenza
@joedispenza
SOURCES CONSULTED:

wikipedia.org

Author and references

The excess of magnesium it can result from hormonal imbalances or kidney failure, and causes nausea, diarrhea, mood swings and loss of appetite, asthenia and an irregular heartbeat. Let's find out better how to cure it.

> 1. Symptoms of excess magnesium

> 2. The cause

> 3. Excess of magnesium and power supply

 

Nausea among the symptoms of excess magnesium



 

 

Symptoms of excess magnesium

Magnesium it is a fundamental mineral for the organism. About 70% of magnesium is found in bones along with calcium and phosphorus, while the remaining 30% is located in soft tissues and fluids. Even in the case of magnesium, we must not forget how essential it is to maintain the right balance in the body.

The symptoms of excess magnesium are similar to those of deficiency, in fact they are found: nausea, diarrhea, mood swings and loss of appetite, fatigue and muscle weakness, asthenia, difficulty breathing, low blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat.

The excess of magnesium in the blood, prolonged for a long time, can give rise to disorders of the nervous system, such as excessive relaxation and sedation; severe loss of muscle tone; irregularity of contractions of the cardiovascular system. 

 

The causes of excess magnesium

The excess of magnesium caused by food is a lot rare. However, particular predispositions, a malfunction of the kidneys (kidney failure), a hormonal imbalance or the intake of too high doses of magnesium supplements, such as magnesium chloride for example, they can trigger mild side effects or more serious ailments, such as diarrhea and abdominal cramps.


Often also laxatives and antacids, which often contain high doses of magnesium, can cause hypermagnesemia: they can in fact lead the person who abuses them to malfunction of nerves and tendons, up to loss of consciousness.


In fact, there is no maximum level for normal dietary magnesium intake, but there are limits only for supplements.

 

Excess of magnesium and nutrition

Eating a low-magnesium diet can be beneficial for those with too high a magnesium level.


For this, among the foods, it will be necessary avoid bran and whole foods in general, such as rice, bread and pasta, bitter chocolate or cocoa, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and pistachios, legumes such as soya and beans

Those who have too much magnesium in the body should also limit the consumption of white flour, even if it contains less than whole grains, bananas, green leafy vegetables, carrots, peppers and tomatoes. Likewise, he should eliminate oranges, cherries, apples, pears and plums from his diet for a while. It must be borne in mind that cooking food reduces the magnesium content by up to 75%.


 

All foods that contain magnesium

 

Other article on excess magnesium:

> Magnesium, effects of deficiency and excess

> Magnesium and potassium, benefits and contraindications

> Supreme Magnesium, supplement against fatigue

> Magnesium and bioavailability

 

 

 

Audio Video Excess of magnesium: symptoms, causes, nutrition
add a comment of Excess of magnesium: symptoms, causes, nutrition
Comment sent successfully! We will review it in the next few hours.