Ginger is a stimulating and tonic spice obtained from the Zingiber officinale plant. You can buy the root fresh or dried, or find it in powder or extract form. Always used in cooking and to flavor sweets and drinks, ginger has numerous medicinal properties. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, has an excellent digestive action, and is useful as an anti-nausea and antivertigo. In addition, ginger also has an antibiotic action which makes it useful for the health of the stomach, intestines, heart and circulatory system.
Thanks to its properties, ginger helps improve digestion, to keep the intestinal flora in good condition, to strengthen the immune system, to speed up the metabolism and to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and body fat.
In addition, ginger is capable of increase the sense of satiety thanks to the regulating effect of blood sugar levels, and helps purify the body, counteracting water retention and eliminating toxins.
These characteristics make it an excellent food for improving general health and for treat a variety of diseases and symptomsi in a timely manner.
Read also Ginger and diabetes >>
13 symptoms and diseases that can be treated with ginger
Daily consumption of ginger, infused or fresh, can increase immune defenses, improve your metabolism and make you feel much better overall.
By consuming ginger daily for a month you can already notice the benefits such as progressive detoxification of the body, an increase in energy and a lower risk of contracting diseases such as the flu.
Additionally, over time ginger can help treat the following symptoms and ailments:
- Overweight. Consumed frequently in any of its forms, ginger is an excellent ally for lowering body weight and fighting overweight and obesity.
- Sore throat e congestion. Ginger, taken with tea can relieve symptoms immediately. It is also a excellent ally to treat sinusitis.
- Muscle aches. Ginger is an excellent analgesic, in fact, according to the National Institutes of Health, consuming 2 grams of ginger (equal to a slice) in infusion for 11 days helps prevent or eliminate the pain caused by exercise or whiplash. .
- Indigestion. Eating some fresh ginger five minutes before meals helps activate gastric juices and facilitate digestion. You can also add it in fruit juices or lemonades. In this way it becomes an excellent ally for those who frequently suffer from indigestion. Ginger it also prevents gastritis and fights diarrhea.
- Weakness. Ginger improves the assimilation of essential nutrients. For this reason, just add it to your normal diet to notice improvements in metabolism in a short time.
- Nausea. Eating a small piece of ginger root with a spoonful of honey can help relieve nausea.
- Gas and flatulence. Chewing on a small piece of the root for 5 minutes can help in these cases.
- Cramps. Adding ginger to your diet in infusions or other forms can help prevent them.
- Bad circulation. Daily consumption of fresh ginger, in tea, or in fruit juice, improves circulation and thus prevents heart disease.
- Canker It does not necessarily cure it, but cleansing the body avoids this condition for some organs, such as the colon. It is also supposed that thanks to his anti-inflammatory and antioxidant actione, ginger is able to fight and prevent ovarian cancer. It is also advisable in patients receiving chemotherapy, because it fights nausea.
- Migraine. It is recommended to drink it as an infusion when symptoms appear because it is a prostaglandin inhibitor. Used especially in cases that are accompanied by nausea and vomiting, because it relieves such symptoms.
- Premature aging. The large amount of antioxidants that ginger contains makes it an ally for healthy aging.
- Stress. The infusion of ginger helps to relax and fight it.
Also discover the properties of ginger essential oil