Il Chili pepper it is the fruit of the Caspicum annuum plant. Known as a spice spicy, helps digest and has powerful positive effects on the cardiovascular system. Let's find out better.
> Properties and benefits of chilli
> Calories and nutritional values of chilli
> Ally of
> Use in the kitchen
> Chilli facts
Properties and benefits of chilli
At a therapeutic level, its first function is to promote the secretion of gastric juices and facilitate digestion. The chilli improves circulation, Is an excellent cardioprotective, has anti-cholesterol vasodilator properties. Allows capillaries to remain elastic and improves blood oxygenation. These functions are due to the unsaturated fatty acids present in the semen, which strengthen the blood vessels.
Thanks to his anti-inflammatory properties, the chili is very suitable in case of cough or hoarseness. By purifying the blood, it relieves rheumatic pains: the ideal is to soak it in alcohol and then apply it on the painful part, in order to relieve the ailment.
The main feature and that is the spicy part is due to the presence of an alkaloid, the capsaicin, which gives, in addition to the burning aroma, the ease of digestion.
Rich in one vitamin, la Vitamin C; it was precisely by studying the effects of chilli that the Hungarian scholar Szent Gyorgyi discovered this very important vitamin. So fundamental that for this discovery he was awarded the Nobel Prize.
Vitamin C defends against infections, all colds and cardiovascular diseases. Several scientific studies confirm that vitamin C and vitamin E, also present in chili peppers, enhance the defenses against cancer.
It is thanks to Vitamin E that the chili has earned the title of powerful aphrodisiac: Vitamin E is the so-called vitamin of fertility and sexual potency. Recent studies have shown that the chili plays a 'antihistamine action and could be used to treat allergy and asthma.
Calories and nutritional values of chili
100 g of chilli contain 282 kcal, e:
- 13,46 g protein
- G carbohydrates 49,7
- Sugars 7,19 g
- 14,28 g fat
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Dietary fiber 34,8 g
- Sodium 1640 mg
Chilli, ally of
Cardiac system, digestive system, circulatory system, brain, scalp.
Chilli pepper among the aphrodisiac foods: discover the others
Use in the kitchen
Directly from Calabria, the penne with 'nduja. You will need 500 gr of penne, 1 small yellow pepper (or 1/2 if large), 1 onion, 1 glass of dry white wine, 1 can of peeled tomatoes, a pinch of sugar, 250 gr of nduja, pecorino, oil , salt.
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the chopped pepper and the chopped onion. Add the nduja, mix everything quickly, pour a little white wine and let it evaporate. Add the tomato, coarsely reducing it into large chunks, add the sugar, lower the heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for a quarter of an hour. In the meantime, cook the penne and drain when al dente. Pour the penne into the pan with the sauce and sauté a little, adding the pecorino only in the final stage of preparation.
- Given the considerable quantity and weight of the fruits, the chilli plant should always be supported with small bamboo canes about 50 cm high and tied with raffia. To obtain larger fruits, then, just remove some corollas from the chilli pepper at the moment of flowering. If you decide to growing chilli in pot on the terrace, the size of the container must be at least 20-30 cm in diameter, to favor a good drainage of the water and avoid stagnation or rot.
- To calm the burning produced by the chili on the tongue you should not drink water; the best way to relieve irritation is to chew some bread or drink some milk.
- In Calabria, on the Riviera dei cedri, an excellent digestive of cedar and chilli. It is obtained by infusing cedar bark and hot pepper powder in alcohol. Is called Zafarà. In addition, the Peperoncino Jazz Festival is held every year in Calabria.
- for Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine il Chili pepper it is an excellent remedy for depression, loss of appetite and metabolic declines. This is because, basically, both ancient traditions attribute to the chili pepper a regenerating action on the blood.
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers were originally named Tony Flow and the Miraculously Majestic Masters of Mayhem. It was a name chosen at random for a performance announced at the last minute. The voice of Anthony Kiedis and the bass line of Flea they surprised the public of the Rhythm Lounge, a local in Los Angeles, and, that evening in 1983, the group chose to change their name: they therefore became the famous chillies and remained so, despite the subsequent variations of components with respect to the initial line-up.
- Anthony Kiedis in his book Scar Tissue wrote: "If chillies are a feeling, a sensation or a form of energy for you, you guessed it."
Chilli pepper among anti-cholesterol foods: discover the others
Other articles on chili:
> Chilli, a healthy plant
> Chilli, a help for the liver
> Accelerate metabolism with chilli
> 4 spicy recipes
> How to use chilli
> Spicy eating, benefits and contraindications