The lightning diet or "Lightning Diet" (or Quick Diet) is a restrictive calorie regimen aimed at rapid weight loss.
This is a low-calorie diet, meaning that it provides fewer calories than normal to allow for excess weight loss.
The main feature of the lightning diet is to promote a conspicuous weight loss in a limited period of time (quickly).
The nickname "lightning" indicates the speed of progress in weight loss.
The name lightning diet is also used in a generic way to emphasize the weight loss speed of any diet.
In fact, there are mainly two versions of flash diets.
The first has a duration of 5 days, in which it is possible to lose 2-3 kilograms or more.
The second lasts 6 days, in which it is possible to lose up to 5 kilograms.
A third type of lightning diet is the one made known by the famous singer Beyonce, or the "Maple Syrup Diet" or "Lemonade Diet", in your country known as the "Lemon Diet".
The lightning diet involves eating only one type of food throughout the day.
It is structured as follows:
- During the first day, milk and yogurt are consumed, not necessarily low-fat.
- On the second day it is possible to eat boiled or baked potatoes with a little oil, not fried.
- On the third day, cheeses are allowed (both white and yellow).
- On the fourth day, you can eat chicken in any form.
- During the fifth day only drinks that are water or tea and without sugar are allowed.
Below are the advice provided by the creator of the lightning diet:
- Drink at least 1,5-2 liters of water per day.
- Divide lunch and dinner into several meals.
- Increase sport and physical activity in general.
- The quantities of foods allowed are not limited but, in any case, it is advisable to use common sense.
- Coffee is allowed throughout the diet cycle but without sugar.
- The lightning diet can be continued for a little longer than the recommended five days and until the desired result is achieved; however it is not advisable to use it often as, like all low-calorie diets, it too leads to exhaustion of the organism.
This diet requires a total commitment of 6 days, although the first 3 are considered the most important.
During the first 3 days, adaptation to the nutritional style takes place and most of the weight loss occurs.
The menu of the various days is almost identical and structured as follows.
- Breakfast: a slice of toast with fresh cheese. Certain beverages such as tea, coffee and lemon juice are allowed.
- Lunch: vegetable salads (for example carrots) and white meat (like chicken).
- Dinner: a slice of bread and a portion of fish. A cup of tea or a glass of water is allowed.
The recommendations are the same as in version 1.
The lightning diet, in any variant, is a weight loss system that is not recommended and to be avoided (even more so if you decide to extend the recommended period).
Its inventors suggest that you consult your doctor before trying your hand, but I want to believe that there is no such unprofessional doctor as to suggest such a technique.
The lightning diet is overly restrictive, unbalanced and as such debilitating.
It could promote vitaminic malnutrition, saline deficiency of essential fatty acids and essential amino acids.
It is also low in fiber and plant antioxidants.
If the subject practices significant motor activity, he runs the risk of undergoing an excessive lowering of glycaemia, blood pressure and iron.
The most serious effects could occur on pregnant or lactating women, in growing subjects and on the elderly.
The lightning diet is also a highly uneducative system that can stimulate the yo-yo effect of weight and aggravate any psychiatric conditions such as eating disorders (DCA).