Food supplements for weight loss, like green tea and milk thistle, reduce appetite and aid digestion, also facilitating the elimination of liquids. Let's find out better.
> Food supplements for weight loss
Green tea among dietary supplements for weight loss
Il overweight, also called obesity in its most extreme manifestations, is an increase in body weight above the physical characteristics of the person, due to an excessive accumulation of adipose tissue (fat) in the body.
We start talking about obesity when the an individual's weight exceeds the ideal by 25% for men, and 30% for women.
How to know what is our ideal weight? There is a simple method, somewhat approximate, which consists in removing from our height in centimeters the number 100 for the man, 104 for the woman: the remaining number, in kg, should represent the normal weight, even if this method does not takes into account the "constitution" of the person.
A more up-to-date method is the so-called body mass index which is calculated as follows:
divide your weight in kg by the square of your height in meters (ie weight / height²); the number obtained must be between 18,5 and 25 if the weight is normal: higher values certainly indicate an excess of body weight.
The treatment of overweight is essentially based on adopting an adequate diet based on proper nutrition and constant moderate aerobic physical activity for activate the metabolism and activities aimed at toning the muscles.
A healthy diet, under the supervision of competent personnel (pay attention to DIY Diets!) Provides for a reduction in the intake of calories (portion reduction but especially elimination of foods rich in sugars, sweetened drinks, hydrogenated fats, junk food, fried foods and foods rich in preservatives) favoring:
- Whole grains
- soluble and insoluble fibers
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh and dried fruit
- natural water
- Glucomannan rich in mucilage has the ability to reduce appetite and the assimilation of fats, cholesterol, sugar and promote evacuation.
- Green tea, Citrus aurantium.
- Fucus stimulates the metabolism by stimulating the thyroid function, so that the body "burns" more calories than usual, therefore it consumes more; as a consequence, if the dietary caloric intake is controlled, there will be a decrease in weight (the assumption of Fucus presents against indications in case of hypo-hyper functionality of the thyroid therefore it must be taken under medical supervision).
- The Ortosiphon, the Birch, Pilosella act on diuresis, facilitating the elimination of liquids and therefore reducing water retention in the tissues.
- Dandelion, Artichoke, Milk Thistle they are useful, as they facilitate digestion by emulsifying dietary fats and contribute to a general state of well-being, as they facilitate the elimination of toxins.
- Rhodiola rosea is able to reduce anxiety, which is very often one of the causes of being overweight.
- Garcinia cambogia has the property of increase the body's energy expenditure, therefore it can be defined as a thermogenic (fat-burning) remedy.
How to lose weight with herbal medicine
> Food supplements: 5 tips on their consumption
> Supplements to lose weight naturally
> Natural remedies for cellulite and overweight
> Nature and the needle of the balance: phytotherapy for weight loss
> Herbs burn fat, a help to get back in shape
> Natural supplements for weight loss are not all the same