Edited by Doctor Dora Intagliata
Importance of the Purifying Diet
After 6 days of hard work, the weekend finally comes. In this 2-3 day period, we all allow ourselves a little rest. Rest is about muscles and mind!
There is a part of the body to which, however, we never give a good rest, on the contrary we impose ever more frenetic rhythms and we even force it to overtime: it is our digestive system!
All the ancient religions and cultures provided for periods of "purification", during which precise rules were also in force for the diet, which had to be limited, simple and easy to digest.
So why not try to give our digestive system some relaxation by taking advantage of the weekend?
The weekend cleansing diet lasts 3 days, no more. It is based on fruit, vegetables and liquids (at least 15 glasses a day).
What to eat?
DIET FIRST DAY
It is characterized by the elimination of fats and proteins of animal origin, which will be replaced by fats and proteins of vegetable origin (legumes and cereals). It is important to bring to the table a menu rich in vitamin C, legumes and fish.
- Vitamin C promotes digestion, fights free radicals and keeps away from the ills of the winter season. Furthermore, vitamin C promotes the formation of collagen, improves circulation and oxygenates the tissues.
- Legumes provide slowly absorbed carbohydrates; they provide energy gradually, preventing the accumulation of fats.
- Fish is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and a lot of "iodine"; the latter has the ability to activate the metabolism and helps to "burn" more.
DIET SECOND DAY
The second day we will use it to stimulate the work of the kidneys and fight water retention. The daily menu should be rich in pineapple, green tea and carbohydrates.
- Pineapple is a fruit rich in minerals and vitamins, it contains a lot of water, fiber and a particular enzyme, bromelain, which favors the digestion of proteins. Pineapple also has anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties.
- Green tea does not contain theine or caffeine; it is an unfermented tea. Helps detoxify the body and eliminate excess fluids without exciting the nervous system.
- Carbohydrates provide the body with the energy it needs to face the day and keep muscles toned.
THIRD DAY DIET
The menu of this last day of purification and "vacation" of our intestine is characterized by fibers, vegetables, yogurt and eggs.
- The fibers (contained in wholemeal bread, vegetables and fruit) regulate the intestine and promote the elimination of waste and toxins.
- Vegetables are a natural supply of vitamins and minerals.
- Yogurt contains several lactic ferments, the most important of which are: Lactobacillus casei and acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. These lactic ferments allow to restore the right balance of the intestinal bacterial flora.
- Egg is a natural source of high biological value proteins and unsaturated fatty acids. The latter are useful for the integrity of cell membranes. Eggs are rich in vitamins A and B vitamins, which promote sugar metabolism. Furthermore, if introduced in moderation, they stimulate the contraction of the gallbladder also helping in the digestion of fats.
We have reached the end of our 3 days of purification. The results will be exceptional, not only will we realize that we have lost something (you can lose about 500g / 1 Kg), but we will feel light and ready to face a new week of work with a lot of energy!
Depurative and Antioxidant Smoothie - How to Purify After the Holidays
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
- Go to the Video Page
- Go to the Video Recipes Section
- Watch the video on youtube