Video of the recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Recipe Identity Card
- 154 KCal Calories per serving
- Easy difficulty
- Doses for 4 people
- Preparation 30 minutes
- Average cost
- Note 30 minutes for the preparation + 3 hours of cooking the snails + 8 hours for the soybean soaking
Recipe Category: Vegetables and Salads / Gluten Free Recipes / Diabetic Recipes / Light Diet Recipes / Protein Recipes / Protein Summer Salad with Snails
For the salad
- Frozen, cleaned and shelled product: 400 g of snails
- 30 g almonds
- 120 g of egg white
- 100 g of dried yellow soybeans
- 150 g of carrots
For the dressing
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of pink peppercorns
- A few stalks of chives
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Untreated lemon juice and zest
- 1 parsley
- Casseroles of various sizes
- Chopping board
- Ceramic knife
- Row lemons or grater
- First, soak the yellow soybeans overnight. Rinse them in cold water to remove any anti-nutritional elements (phytates) and boil them in water for an hour or more, until soft. Drain the soybeans and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thaw the snails and rinse them in cold water.
- Boil the snails in plenty of lightly salted water. We recommend cooking for about 3 hours: the longer they cook, the softer the snail meat will be.
- Remove the snails from the cooking water, using a slotted spoon.
- Peel the carrot and finely grate it.
- Prepare the egg whites "omelette". Beat the egg whites quickly and with a fork, adding a pinch of salt. Grease a pan with a drizzle of oil and scramble the egg whites, turning them often with a spatula.
- Toast the almonds in a pan, taking care not to burn them.
- Prepare the salad dressing. Finely chop a few stalks of chives and chop the parsley. Grate the zest of an organic lemon and set aside. In a bowl, prepare a sort of citronette sauce by emulsifying the oil with plenty of lemon juice. Season with salt, add the chopped chives, plenty of parsley, the pink peppercorns and the grated lemon zest.
- Mix the cooked snails with the soybeans, the scrambled egg whites, the grated carrots and flavor everything with the freshly prepared emulsion.
- Arrange the snail and soy salad on a serving dish, finish with the toasted almonds.