Video of the recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Recipe Identity Card
- 166 KCal Calories per serving
- Easy enough difficulty
- Doses for 6 people
- Preparation 30 minutes
- Average cost
- Note 30 minutes for preparation; 45 minutes for cooking; 15 minutes for decoration and filling
Recipe Category: Sweets and Desserts / Light Diet Recipes / Protein Recipes / Egg White Protein Cake with Bananas and Avocado
For the cake
- 300 g of egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- 3 g of baking powder
- 50 ml of skimmed milk
- 40 g of fructose
- 100 g in banana
- 100 g of avocado pulp
- 45 g of whey protein
- 100 g of oat flour
For decoration (optional)
- 2 g of isinglass
- 50 g in banana
- 5 g of hazelnuts
For the protein cream
- 150 g of banana pulp
- 10 g of bitter cocoa
- 25 g of stevia and erythritol or another type of sweetener
- 50 g of whey protein
- 200 g of lean ricotta
- 100 g of avocado
- Electric whips
- Hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Chopping board
- Long blade saw knife
- First, prepare the basic pie dough. Cut the avocado lengthwise, remove the stone and peel it. Cut the pulp into cubes, weigh 100 g and collect them in the container of a pressure blender.
- Peel the banana, cut the pulp into slices. Combine the banana with the avocado and blend until a frothy cream is obtained.
- In a bowl, sift the oatmeal and combine the fructose, baking powder and protein powder. Mix the powders with the banana and avocado cream, then add the skim milk.
Did you know that
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (ventilated) and line a hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm.
- Combine the egg whites in a blender container and whip until stiff, adding the cream of tartar (mass stabilizer) and a pinch of salt halfway through the process.
- Mix the egg whites into the mixture with the avocado, banana and proteins, taking care to mix the mixture from the bottom up to avoid letting the egg whites go limp. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 160 ° C for 45-50 minutes.
- While waiting for the cake to cook, start preparing the filling cream. In a blender container, combine 100 g of avocado pulp and blend it with the lean ricotta. Mix the ricotta cream with protein powder and bitter cocoa, then sweeten with stevia and erythritol (or with another sweetener).
- Remove the cake and let it cool completely. Cut the protein cake into two discs, using a long-bladed saw knife.
- Distribute the ricotta cream on the base of the cake. Add the sliced banana and cover with the other disc.
- Proceed with the decoration (optional). Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the isinglass from soaking and heat it in the microwave until dissolved.
- Decorate the cake by making a flower with banana slices, then brush with the melted gelatin - essential to avoid oxidizing the fruit - and place a hazelnut in the center.