Video of the recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Recipe Identity Card
- 174 KCal Calories per serving
- Easy difficulty
- Doses for 2 people
- Preparation 125 minutes
- Low cost
- Note 15 minutes for the dough; 90 minutes of leavening; 20 minutes of cooking
Recipe Category: Bread, Pizza and Brioche / Functional Recipes / Protein Recipes / High Protein Pizza
For the pizza base
- 5 g of sugar
- 5 g salt
- 20 g of whey protein
- 1 tablespoon (10 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 g of dried brewer's yeast
- 70 g of spreadable cheese
- 100 g of white flour type 00 or wholemeal flour
- 40 g of wheat bran
- 40 g of oat bran
- 120 g (3 medium) of egg white
- to taste of oregano
- 150 g of tomato sauce
- 30 g of capers
- 150 g of natural tuna
- 125 g of mozzarella
- Large bowl
- Wooden ladle
- Latex gloves
- Cheese knife
- Tray diameter 26 or 28 cm
To prepare the high-protein pizza we replaced the liquid part (water) with egg whites and spreadable cheese, a source of protein. We then fortified the protein fraction by adding ultramicrofiltered whey protein, neutral taste.
- In a bowl, pour the oat bran (source of soluble fiber), wheat bran (rich in insoluble fiber), wholemeal flour, ultra-microfiltered whey protein (neutral taste), salt and brewer's yeast. dried. Stir with a wooden ladle to mix the "powders" well.
The advice OK
- In the center, pour the egg whites and the spreadable cheese (it is advisable to choose the light spreadable cheese), then mix well until the mixture is very soft and rather sticky.
- In a pan with a diameter of 26 cm (if you prefer a thicker pizza) or 28 cm (for a crispier and shallower pizza) pour a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Spread the dough with your hands directly on the oiled pan, until it perfectly covers the entire surface.
- Let the pan with the pizza base rest in a warm environment for at least 60-90 minutes: the pizza will swell slightly.
- After the necessary time, distribute the tomato puree on the surface of the pizza. Cover with thin slices of mozzarella for pizza, natural tuna and capers. Finish with a generous sprinkling of oregano and bake in a hot oven (180-200 ° C) for about 20 minutes.