Each of us has a headache different. It is possible to get out of bed with the legacies of the cervical, which strike from the base of the neck until annoying neuralgia originates; it can also originate from stress and physical fatigue, as well as from forte emotions or allergies.
Sometimes you have a headache due to the sight, other times because of the cold, wind, rain or too much noise.
Many women suffer from headaches just before menstruation, just as in others the birth control pill can cause headaches, or it can be hereditary and congenital.
But what are the causes?
To each his own headache
Even today there is no absolute certainty regarding the causes of this annoying disorder: just think that we have come to codify about 150 types of headaches, and it is therefore unthinkable to be able to solve the problem through a single strategy.
However, it is true that there are several alimitations that they can cause, in subjects with a certain predisposition, a headache attack, while others foods that, included in the daily diet, help to placate it.
Let's try to understand what they are, it being understood that it is always good to consult your doctor and proceed with the necessary examinations and investigations.
Potatoes against headaches: how to use them?
Foods for headache
Usually, when you have a headache, you do not feel appetite and it is difficult to eat normally. This is because the body tends to self-defense to expel toxins, avoiding introducing new ones with food. Here are the substances that can help calm the attacks:
- Ldevil's claw and the ginkgo biloba. Devil's claw is an effective remedy for headaches resulting from tension and pain in the neck, due to the contraction of muscles. The Ginkgo biloba instead, it would act on several fronts and effectively against migraines, interrupting the wave of nerve transmission that characterizes the migraine attack.
- Coffee and you. If the headache results from indigestion, the substances contained in tea or coffee, that is theobromine and theophylline, they can come to your aid, just don't abuse them, to avoid the opposite effect. Caffeine appears to curb pain by causing dilated brain blood vessels to constrict, but when its levels tend to decrease, the vessels dilate again, causing a more terrible headache attack than the previous one. Experts suggest for this to do not abuse coffee, but not even to suddenly stop the cup ritual as the abrupt suspension could induce a massive headache.
- A sugar cube as a remedy. The cephalic plants they are calming plants that cure migraines and headaches of nervous origin; among these are the lavender, orange blossom, wildflower, lime, thyme, pulsatilla, lemon and valerian. For example, a quick and effective remedy can be to mix together 10 grams of mint essence and 10 grams of valerian root tincture, take about 20 drops and put them on a sugar cube to dissolve in the mouth.
- Dulcamara, rosemary and hypericum, effective even against headaches from hangover. Lemon balm and lime are effective in fighting headaches from stress. As well as herbal teas based on strawberry or lavender leaves.
- Foods such as ginger and wheat bran, foods rich in omega-3 fats, green leafy vegetables, wheat germ .. The ideal diet for those suffering from headaches, would include the division into small light meals, which ensure a good intake of calcium and magnesium, and the intake of plenty of water.
Do you want to know other natural remedies to fight headaches?
Food-fuse for headaches
Here is a list of the foods that more than others seem to trigger the onset of headache, because they have psychoactive and vasoactive substances, such as tyramine, histamine, octopamine, phenylethylamine.
- Seasoned cheeses
- Fruits: citrus fruits, bananas, avocados, figs, plums, raisins, dates, nuts
- Vegetables: sauerkraut, tomatoes; to a lesser extent beans, broad beans, peas
- Preserved foods: canned meats, sausages
- Chemical substances. The monosodium glutamate generally found in cube, soy sauce, some snacks and soup preparations. L'Aspartame, chemical sweetener, ei sulfites, additives present in wines.
- Heavy, difficult to digest, fatty, fried foods
- Too cold food, ice cream, yoghurt, cream
- Seaweed and seafood
Lavender is the plant that overcomes the headache
To learn more:
> All homeopathic remedies for headaches
> Headaches, symptoms and natural treatments