I fichi, fruits of Ficus carica L., are important for the nutrition of children and adults, as rich in vitamins, and have laxative and anti-inflammatory properties. Let's find out better.
- Properties and benefits of figs
- Calories and nutritional values of figs
- Figs allies of
- Curiosities about figs
- A recipe with figs
Properties and benefits of figs
The seeds, the mucilages, the sugary substances contained in the so-called fruit, fresh or dry, exert delicate laxative properties, useful, for example, for children, as they stimulate intestinal peristalsis.
Fresh figs contain digestive enzymes that facilitate the assimilation of foods. Figs have a caustic and proteolytic action a defense of the skin.
The fruit also has many other applications: it is used as a compress on abscesses and inflamed swellings, against boils and has the gift of healing inflammation urinary and pulmonary, feverish states, gastritis
Calories and nutritional values of figs
Notoriously sweet, figs actually contain 47 kcal 100 for gr, a lower quantity than that of grapes and mandarins (which contain more than 70 kcal per 100 g).
In addition to potassium, iron and calcium, figs are also rich in Vitamin B6: three figs contain 0,18 mg, equal to 9% of the daily requirement; they are also rich in vitamins of group A, B1, B2, PP, C.
Figs, allies of
Skin, eyes, digestive system, heart system
The properties and benefits of autumn fruit
Curiosities about figs
- For Hindus and Buddhists, figs are the symbol of knowledge and truth.
- If they give you some sycophant, do not be frightened by the word, but rather do a quick examination of conscience. The sycophants (from the Greek sukon, “fig”, and phainein, “indicate, show”) in ancient times were those who denounced the theft of figs from sacred gardens. By extension, today the term is addressed to those who have behaved particularly unfairly.
- Plutarch lets us know that the fico in ancient times it had a sacred value and was linked to the origins of Rome. In fact, it seems that the basket containing Romulus and Remus, destined to die as the illegitimate fruit of the vestal Rea Silva, was not carried away by the Tiber current which had overflowed, but miraculously ran aground in a muddy cove, under a wild fig tree: right at the shadow of this fig tree, the she-wolf nourished the two twins, sons of Mars and the vestal. The god's priests took care of the plant, which had become sacred.
A recipe up your sleeve
A FIG jam made with love knows how to make special breakfasts and snacks naturally healthy. The preparation is very simple, but first of all, you have to get 1 kg of figs which you will remove the peel, 300 grams of sugar, the juice of 1 lemon. Cut the figs into small pieces and pour about 0,5 liters of water into a saucepan.
Bring to a boil together with the sugar, in order to obtain a syrup. Once the sugar has melted, add the figs and lemon juice, stir well and cook until the desired density is obtained (it takes at least 20-30 minutes).
Pour it into steam sterilized glass jars and let cool.
The phytotherapeutic properties, use and contraindications of the fig
3 recipes with figs