Having an excellent shoulder extension is essential to perform at best many of the normal ones daily actions and to be able to practice different sport including swimming, tennis or golf or disciplines such as Crossfit.
La poor mobility of the shoulder, on the other hand, it can limit athletic performance and cause injuries or minor injuries. That's why taking the time to strengthen and stretch the muscles that aid in shoulder flexion is critical.
These are the better exercises to do it.
Bilateral shoulder extension
This exercise, which requires theuse of an elastic resistance band, increases shoulder mobility, strengthens the upper back and triceps, and stretches the biceps.
- Wrap an elastic resistance band around a pole or other sturdy object at hip height.
- Stand in front of the pole with one end of the resistance band in each hand and your hands at your hips.
- Stand far enough away from the anchor point so that the band is under tension.
- Keeping your arms straight, stretch them backwards as far as possible, while also squeezing your shoulder blades.
- Pause for a second, then return to the starting position.
- Perform one to three sets of 10 to 20 repetitions.
Yoga Position of the Table
This exercise is the variation of a yoga position and aims to build strength and mobility in the shoulders and to improve extension by stretching the anterior deltoid muscles on the front of the shoulders.
To ensure that it gives the desired results and that it does not cause injuries or injuries, perform all movements slowly and end the stretch phase if you start to feel pain.
- Sit with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your palms about 30 inches behind you and slightly wider than your hips.
- Keep the fingers pointed away from the body.
- As your shoulders become more open, point your fingers behind you to improve the stretch.
- Lift your hips so they are in line with your knees.
- Make sure your shoulders are aligned with your wrists.
- Keep the chest open and squeeze the shoulder blades at the same time.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds.
- Begin rocking forward gently and then return to the neutral position.
- Repeat several times, then lower your hips to the floor.
- Repeat the exercise one or two more times.
Performing this exercise is for stretch the anterior and thoracic deltoid and strengthen the upper back and triceps.
- Stand upright, with feet hip-width apart.
- Bring your hands behind your hips and interlace your fingers. If you cannot grasp your hands comfortably, help yourself with a towel, yoga strap, or resistance band.
- Stretch your arms so that your hands come up from your buttocks, as far away as possible.
- Tighten the shoulder blades at the same time.
- Hold the position for a minute, then relax.
- Repeat, changing the grip so that the fingers snap together in the opposite direction. If using a towel or strap, simply repeat.
Pushing with dumbbells
To perform this exercise it is not necessary to use excessively heavy dumbbells, about 4 kg each is enough.
- Sit on a bench or chair, with your feet firmly on the ground and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bring the dumbbells to shoulder height and turn your palms forward.
- Push the dumbbells towards each other, reaching to extend the arm almost completely.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- From a standing position, keep your legs slightly apart, shoulder-width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell with each hand and extend your arms to the sides of your body.
- Lift the dumbbells by bending your elbows slightly and maintaining this posture throughout the exercise.
- When your arms reach shoulder height, pause for a few seconds and then slowly return to the starting position.
Mobility training with pole
- Take the rod of a barbell or club and hold it in front of you.
- Then pass it behind your body, without bending your arms.
- Repeat the movement a few times until you feel you can no longer perform the movement without bending your arm.
- To make the exercise more difficult, you can keep your hands inside the stick.
- From a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart, extend your arms straight to the sides of your torso.
- Then cross your arms in front of you and bring them back as far as you can.
- Repeat this back and forth motion ten times.
Vertical movement of the shoulder blades
- Hang a resistance band higher than your body so that you can keep your arm straight at an angle.
- Lower the shoulder blade, focusing on the movement and pushing it down as far as possible.
- Return to the starting position.
Chin bending exercises for neck pain are also helpful.
These instead are the exercises to thin the arms.