Eliminate Double Chin
In this article we will see how to get rid of a double chin. We will specifically analyze some exercises that can help us and that we will have to perform with a good frequency within the week. A healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition will then be the icing on the cake to improve this problem.
1. Localized Weight Loss
First of all we start from the assumption that true "localized weight loss" does not exist, but we say that with the appropriate precautions it is possible to reduce accumulations in some areas.
Localized weight loss means the possibility, with appropriate training and targeted nutrition, to lose more fat in a specific area.
Fat localized in specific points is more dependent on: distribution of adrenergic receptors in the body and the relationship between the various hormones, incorrect nutrition and incorrect lifestyle.
2. How To Eliminate The Double Chin?
Therefore, if you want to go to reduce the double chin, you must first of all put all the pieces in place, starting first from the diet that must have the right balance of macronutrients, and above all it must be low-calorie.
Once the nutrition is fixed, we will have to move on to a lifestyle, so we will have to prefer a more active life, with more movement, reduce external stresses, give the body the right sleep and rest, avoid smoking and alcohol etc ...
Once this is done, you can move on to work out a workout with targeted exercises to try to reduce and eliminate the double chin.
4. The Exercises To Eliminate It
Here are some exercises that will help get rid of a double chin. Remember that you have to do them regularly to get significant benefits.
- Open your mouth: it is done by opening the mouth as much as possible and extending the tongue outwards, trying to touch the chin. Hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times. You should feel tension in your chin and neck muscles as you perform.
- Head pendant: lie down on the bed with your head hanging over the edge. Raise your chin until it touches your chest. Hold the contraction for 10 seconds and slowly return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times and then relax.
- Chin elevation: this exercise helps to strengthen and slim the muscles of the face and neck. It should be done standing, with a straight neck and back. Lift your chin towards the ceiling and squeeze your lips as tight as possible as if you wanted to give a kiss. Again stay in position for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Neck rotation: from a standing position with a straight back, turn the head to the side so that the chin is parallel to the shoulder. Also direct your gaze in the same direction. Slowly turn your head down and then up on the opposite side. Repeat 10 times.
- Platysma exercise: this exercise serves to strengthen the muscle that covers the entire front part of the neck, the platysma. It is performed while standing with the neck straight. Then go to pull the tendons of the jaw by bringing the lips over the teeth, and pushing the ends of the mouth downwards, as if in a frowning position. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat 10 times
- Tennis ball exercise: it is done by placing a tennis ball against the throat and keeping it balanced with the chin. Press your chin against the ball and release it slightly. Repeat 10 times.
- Neck massage: the following exercise should be done at least three times a day, every day. We need to raise the head, stretching the neck and opening the mouth a little at the same time. At this point, we place a hand on the neck, under the chin, exerting a slight pressure, and then go down by stretching the skin downwards.
- Exercise of the O: This exercise is done with the back straight and the shoulders relaxed. Then we go to stretch the neck, "throwing" the head back, close the lips and try to take an "O" shape. we maintain the position with the neck in extension for about 20 seconds. At this point you should feel the stretch on the sides of the neck, under the jaw. After 20 seconds we return to the starting position. Perform 2 sets of 10 reps, every day.
As we have seen there are many exercises that can make us reach our goal of eliminating the double chin, the important thing is to arm yourself with good will and perform these exercises consistently.