A greedy and green idea for the Mother's Day? How about one vegan cake made with all the chocolate left over from Easter?
On the web you will find hundreds of recipes to make vegan chocolate cakes, but this one that I propose for the occasion is very simple to do, does not require special accessories and anyone can do it, even those who are not very familiar with cooking.
- 200 1 grams of flour
- 200 gr of extra dark chocolate
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 100 gr of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of seed oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- one and a half glasses of soy milk
For the filling
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 2 glasses of whipped vegetable cream
First of all, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Then melt in a bain-marie (or in the special saucepan with the double bottom) 200 g of chocolate and - once it becomes liquid - add it to the sifted flour - and mix with a whisk, adding a little soy milk from time to time to mix better. Then add the sugar, unsweetened cocoa, oil and vanilla.
Mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture, then add the yeast, stir again to distribute it evenly in the dough, then pour everything into a greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the cake is pretty dry inside. .
As always, do the toothpick test: when you think it is cooked, insert a toothpick in the center of the pan, if it is dry the cake is done, if it comes on a little cream or moist dough, it means that it needs a few more minutes of cooking.
Once cooked, let it cool, then cut it in half horizontally and fill it with 200 g of melted dark chocolate combined with two glasses of whipped cream.
If you have more chocolate to reuse, you can melt it and pour it onto the surface, making a sort of icing.
Greetings to all mothers!
texts and photos:
- Mother's Day: 10 gift ideas with creative recycling that are easy to make
- Mother's Day: 5 ways to make roses and flowers from the trash
- Mother's Day: the menu with vegan recipes based on flowers