How to prepare a delicious chestnut and potato soup for a dinner full of autumn flavors
With October now well advanced, we are finally in the middle of that time of year when enthusiasts rush into the woods, during the beautiful sunny Sundays, to collect chestnuts. If after having a good feast in the oven, you still have some left, here is a quick recipe for a hot evening soup. A greedy and nutritious vegan recipe that will satisfy all types of palates.
Read also: Chestnuts: properties, uses and how to cook them to enhance all their benefits
Ingredients for people 4
- 4 handfuls of chestnuts
- 4 potatoes
- 250 grams of precooked spelled (if the spelled is not precooked, leave it to soak overnight and boil it in salted water for an hour)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 leek
- vegetable broth
Peel the chestnuts leaving only the outer skin. Boil them by boiling them in salted water with a bay leaf. Halfway through cooking, remove the skin and finish cooking them over low heat.
Prepare, in a separate pot of the vegetable broth. In a crock, or a thick-bottomed pot, fry the leek in oil, add the peeled and chopped potatoes and after a couple of minutes add the herbs (sage and rosemary) and the vegetable broth.
Continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked, then add the chestnuts (partly whole and partly mashed with a fork) and spelled. Finish cooking.
Before serving the soup with toasted croutons, add a little pepper and let it cool. Enjoy your meal!
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On chestnuts, you may also be interested in:
- Peel the chestnuts (cooked or raw) without difficulty: tricks and mistakes not to make
- Pasta with chestnuts (vegan recipe)
- Chestnut and spelled soup
- Pennette in chestnut and mushroom sauce
- Do-it-yourself preserves: chestnut cream or chestnuts with cocoa
- Iced brown
- Mont Blanc: the recipe for the sweet chestnuts par excellence