By the healthiergang writer , student in Physiotherapy.
Big Arms Card
The following program describes the 3 days dedicated to the upper body mentioned in the previous article. The program includes another 2 days dedicated to training the lower body.
Arms tab for the first day of the week.
4 sets per grip of 4-6 repetitions (1 set with prone grip, 2 supine grip and 1 neutral grip) in super set with ...
- Dip weighted 4 series of 6-8 repetitions with pause at the end of the eccentric phase (go down until the elbows are perpendicular to the forearm, hold the position for 1 or 2 seconds and then rise) 60 seconds of rest. The added weight must be such as to be able to reach the maximum limit of the number of repetitions proposed with a good performance
- Barbell rowing machine with pause at the point of maximum contraction 4 sets of 8-10 reps, 2 sets with prone grip and 2 sets with supine grip, in super set with
- Pushing with dumbbells on incline bench 4 sets of 8-10 reps. 60 seconds of rest
4 series of 10-12 repetitions, the weight to choose must be such as to be able to complete 8 repetitions with precision and then use the "cheating" described in the previous article in the remaining ones. Focus on the negative phase, which must last about 3 seconds, and strongly contract the muscle in the phase of maximum contraction. in super set with
- Barbell extensions overhead 4 sets of 10-12 reps, 60 seconds rest. When performing this exercise, the arm must be at an angle such as to form an angle greater than 90 degrees with the torso. In this way it is possible to keep the muscle constantly under tension.
- In the eccentric phase, bring the arm to complete flexion contracting the bicep and then descending further as if you were doing a pullover. In the position of maximum stretch, extend the shoulder slightly and at the same time extend the elbow.
- Extra shoulder rotations arm along the side 3 series (per side) of 12 repetitions without rest between one side and the other. Lie on your side and, using a very light weight, extra rotate your arm keeping it at your side.
Arms tab for the second day of the week.
4 sets of 10- 8- 6- 4 reps (gradually increase the weight), in super sets with
- Lateral raises, 4 sets of 12 - 15 reps. 60 seconds of rest
Tight-grip incline bench
4 drop sets of 6 and then 8 reps, in super sets with
- face pull, 4 sets of 15 repetitions
supine tight grip, 4 sets of 4 or 6 repetitions, in super sets with
- Dumbbell curl on incline bench, 4 sets of 8-10 repetitions. Use some moment in the last repetitions but focus on the negative phase and the contraction. The bench should be tilted approximately 45 degrees. In the eccentric phase, fully extend the elbow by contracting the triceps.
- Handlebar extensions overhead 4 drop sets of 8 and then 10 reps. Perform one arm at a time, helping each other to perform the last repetitions. Perform one arm after the other without rest.
The precautions to be taken while performing this exercise are the same as for the barbell variant.
Rematore with handlebar
4 drop sets of 6 and then 8 reps. Perform first one side and then the other without rest. In the position of maximum contraction, strongly contract the backbone for 1 or 2 seconds, then descend in a controlled manner until the shoulder blade is slightly protracted but still maintaining control of the movement.
4 series of 6-8 repetitions in super sets with ...
- Close-grip push-ups with feet raised (place your feet on a bench so that your torso is parallel to the floor), 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
2 sets with close prone grip and 2 sets with close neutral grip, maximum number of repetitions, in super sets with.
- Pulldown with outstretched arms, 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
4 sets per arm of 8-10 repetitions. Analogous discourse on the eccentric phase, on the contraction and on the last repetitions.
Extra shoulder rotations
arm parallel to the floor (use an elastic band or a light load on the cables).
The results in the weight room are realized with a correct and healthy diet and a correct rest. There are 3 elements that converge towards the results. Put your effort into each training session, eat a sufficient amount of macro nutrients and take care of your night's rest. Follow our big arms tab to get results fast.
Our articles should be used for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to be taken as medical advice. If you are concerned, consult a health professional before taking dietary supplements or making major changes to your diet.