The pace of life that society dictates can become unbearable. Immersed in numerous commitments and responsibilities, it is easy to lose sight of the most important things. In fact, we spend a large part of our life without being aware of the fact that, as time goes by, we have less chance of correcting mistakes, so it is essential to find a balance, here and now, that allows us to meet our needs and be more happy. In this way we will be able to look to the future with enthusiasm and move forward with the certainty that we will not have big regrets.
The past does not exist, the future is uncertain, we only have today
1. Neglect of friends. Time passes and we postpone all things that are not urgent. As a result, we find ourselves trapped in an infinity of superfluous activities that contribute nothing but become a black hole that absorbs all of our time. As a result, we drift away from friends so our social circle shrinks more and more. But it is very important not to neglect sincere and deep friendships, friends of childhood and youth, because one day, when we need it, we will not look around and discover that we are left alone.
2. Surrender in a relationship. After the phase of falling in love comes that of compromise and hard work, which is when people tend to throw in the towel. In fact, almost all of us have had the chance to break off a relationship with an important person and, over time, wonder what would have happened if we hadn't given up so soon. So when you believe that a relationship is worthwhile, do everything you can before giving up and, more importantly, live it fully as this way, if at some point you are forced to break the relationship, you will have nothing to worry about. scold you.
3. Don't control your stress. The pace of work and family problems can suffocate us. However, we always make excuses not to pay attention to these first signs of stress, and we always continue to live at full speed. Sooner or later, stress will show us the bill, because it is a real disease incubator. So, because within the next 10 years you will not regret not stopping in time, it is important that you learn to organize yourself, do not overload yourself with projects that you cannot carry out and that you disconnect from time to time so that you can relax and recharge your batteries.
4. Don't make decisions out of fear. Fear is the most paralyzing emotion there is, but we cannot allow it to dominate our life to the point that it determines our decisions. If the fear of social rejection, of not being up to par, of the risk of making mistakes, are the models we rely on to decide, we can be sure that within the next 10 years we will regret those decisions. Of course, this does not mean that we have to jump out of a plane without a parachute, but we should be able to connect with our deepest "I" and find out exactly what we want to do with our life, find those things we are passionate about and dare to do the possible to make them.
5. Don't tell people we love how we feel. We believe that the people we love and respect will always be by our side, but that's not the case. In reality we only share a part of our life with them and we don't know when our paths will separate. Therefore, it is important to express our feelings, to tell them how much we value and love them. These words are a balm to the soul, strengthen the relationship and avoid the regret of not having said them when we had the opportunity. As often as you can: I love you, I love you, I appreciate what you do for me, you are an important person to me ...
6. Overworking. Work is important and it can also be a source of satisfaction when we love what we do. However, it shouldn't become our reason for living, as there is so much more to do and enjoy around us. In fact, having worked too hard, neglecting family and friends and even themselves, is one of the greatest reasons for regret for people who find themselves at the end of their life. Of course, this doesn't mean that you should quit your job, but make sure that it doesn't completely absorb your private life.
7. Lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Being sedentary, sitting on the sofa in front of the TV, eating the first thing you have at hand, drinking alcohol regularly and without control and smoking, are all habits that end up presenting a heavy bill to our body and make us age prematurely by removing quality to life. In fact, it is estimated that after the age of 30 a series of changes in the body that can be irreversible begin to occur, so this is the ideal time to start taking care of yourself.
Finally, remember that life goes by while you are making other plans. Do not postpone until tomorrow what can make you happy today.