High blood pressure is a very common ailment and represents one of the main risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
Prevent it with a proper diet it's a great way to keep it under control.
Let's see then foods against high blood pressure.
Top 10 foods that help fight high blood pressure
There are gods alimony specific, which can affect pressure values helping to lower it. These foods are:
1. Garlic: helps to lower blood pressure by promoting diuresis.
2. Chilli: it's a vasodilator, thanks to the capsicin of which it is rich, it helps blood vessels to relax and consequently lowers blood pressure.
3. Sedano: thanks to his draining properties helps the kidney system to dispose of excess renin, an enzyme that raises blood pressure.
4. Vegetables. Vegetables are healing foods due to their high content in mineral salts. The presence, in particular, of potassium makes it an essential food in the diet of those suffering from hypertension. Potassium it is a mineral that participates in the regulation of the contraction of muscle fibers that make up and are part of the blood vessel wall. This is why introducing bananas, which contain a high percentage of potassium, into the daily diet ensures that blood pressure values are kept low.
5. Cereals. The glutamatic acid contained in cereals is a valid remedy to keep blood pressure values low
6. Cheeses and dairy products. The products deriving from the XNUMX cups milk contribute significantly to reducing high blood pressure. This beneficial action on blood pressure is due to presence of some peptides which actively act on blood pressure, helping to keep it within certain normal values.
7. Legumes. Thanks to the presence of a protein, protein hydrosalate, legumes contribute to lowering high blood pressure. The legumes introduced in the diet for hypertension are able to lower the pressure and, moreover, prevent any kidney damage from occurring which are often overloaded due to high blood pressure.
8. Walnuts. Nuts, especially walnuts, have the ability to lower high blood pressure. This property of theirs is due to the presence of antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids contained in them.
9. Fish. Fish, in particular oily fish, thanks to the high content of omega 3 has a beneficial effect on the control of high blood pressure and on the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
10. Beet red. Beetroot has a high content of nitrates which, through a chemical reaction that takes place in the mouth during chewing, are transformed into nitrites by some bacteria and these help to keep blood pressure values low.
High blood pressure: knowing and recognizing it
High blood pressure, also called hypertension, is a circulatory disorder characterized by an increase in arterial blood pressure, which exceeds the normal values, generally established between 80-90 mmHg for the minimum and 120-140 mmHg for the maximum.
Arterial blood pressure refers to the force exerted by the blood against the walls of the arteries, which is essential to ensure the functionality of the circulatory system.
In most people, high blood pressure is asymptomatic, while in some it manifests itself with headache, sweat, episodes of dizziness and even nosebleeds.
Hypertension can be caused by several factors, including bad eating habits, alcohol abuse, high sodium intake, poor exercise, obesity, stress, cigarette smoking and the use of stimulants such as caffeine.
The increase in blood pressure can also depend on emotional factors, such as tension and hyperexcitability.
Learn more about what to do if you have high blood pressure
To learn more:
> The power supply in case of high blood pressure